Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Commitment !

Long long ago, at the far far kingdom, there lives a farmer, and the farmer feeds on 3 animals, one of them is pig, the other one is chicken and the third one is a cow. ( As shown in the picture ) One day, 3 of them came along and start to have a conversation of who is greater among them.

The cow says: "I'm the greatest among us, because i produce milk to the farmer everyday, non stop."

Then the chicken argued and says: "What about me? I give the farmer my eggs, they are my descendants. What a sacrifice! "

Finally the pig can't take it anymore and says: " Wait, all of your are not greater than me, your are partial commitment, but i commit my whole life to the farmer !"

This is a joke that i learned from a pastor, he says some people view commitment to God as paying tithe and offerings or serving in the ministry. Some thought that it is reading bible and praying to God everyday without fail. But what does God really want from us? He want us to commit our whole life to Him in every area of our life. Only a total commitment is called commitment. Partial commitment is not committed at all !

No comments: